Friday 24 February 2012

What When Why Where How

This is the initial post to advise my readers what this blog is all about.

What

I have decided to document my attempt to get fit and get into shape again and change my lifestyle for the better before its too late.

In his final letter to the Scouts, Baden-Powell wrote:

........One step towards happiness is to make yourself healthy and strong while you are a boy, so that you can be useful and so you can enjoy life when you are a man........

So whilst I am still a "boy" I am going to get as strong and healty as I can, so I can be useful and still do the things I do now when I am an "old(er) man".

When

NOW…Now is the time, “Now is the summer of my discontent”

Summer is over and I have had enough
I have only got autumn left to get fit for winter

 To quote the opening words of Shakespeare’s Richard III

Now is the winter of our discontent                                           (Not happy Jan)
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house                           (bloody Sydney weather)
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.
Now are our brows bound with victorious wreaths;
Our bruised arms hung up for monuments;
Our stern alarums changed to merry meetings,                         (too merry in my case)
Our dreadful marches to delightful measures.
Grim-visaged war hath smooth'd his wrinkled front;

And now, instead of mounting barded steeds                            (my mountain bike)
To fright the souls of fearful adversaries,
He capers nimbly in a lady's chamber                                         (the shed)
To the lascivious pleasing of a lute                                              (my guitar)

But I, that am not shaped for sportive tricks,                               (I can’t touch my toes)
Nor made to court an amorous looking-glass;
I, that am rudely stamp'd, and want love's majesty
To strut before a wanton ambling nymph;
I, that am curtail'd of this fair proportion,                                      (six pack abs)
Cheated of feature by dissembling nature,                                
Deformed, unfinish'd, sent before my time                                   (beer gut)                  
Into this breathing world, scarce half made up,
And that so lamely and unfashionable
That dogs bark at me as I halt by them;                                        (…that’s going a bit too far)
Why, I, in this weak piping time of peace,
Have no delight to pass away the time,                                       (doing jack shit)
Unless to spy my shadow in the sun
And descant on mine own deformity:                                          (when I get on the scales)
And therefore, since I cannot prove a lover,
To entertain these fair well-spoken days,
I am determined to prove a villain
And hate the idle pleasures of these days……                          (Gluttony, Greed, Sloth)


Why

I had made a few changes last year and this, which has given me some impetus to achieve more
Recently I am not enjoying my sports as much as I used to
I’m a fat bastard
I have had enough

To quote Pulp Fiction :

Jules: Yeah, I was sitting here, eating my muffin and drinking my coffee, when I had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity.



Where

I am going to use this blog to document and share my goals, planning, research, activities and achievements (if any).

So that you don’t get bored with me crapping on, I will be adding links to various websites that I find during my quest, some will be serious information, and some will be humorous piss-takes, other links won't be so obvious.

(I will leave it up to you to decide which ones are whichJ)

How

They say that you should write your problems down so they are projected into the foreground of your mind rather than hiding it away in the back or having it float around your consciousness aimlessly.

Since I am a serial list-maker and list-ignorer I thought a public blog would not only embarrass me but may help attain some peer support, it would also serve as a timeline and repository for the information.

I will start first by describing my problems and secondly make a plan of attack and thirdly document the results.

Anyway here is Dr Pillai’s view on the subject of writing down problems





Be sure to search for some of the other words of wisdom posted on YouTube by the good Doctor like:

“Stop playing games”
“Unconscious speech and behaviour”
“Conceiving Unlimited Money”
“What really happens on a Full Moon Day?”
And the ever popular “4th Moon Coconut Breaking”


Stay tuned for the next post where I will be detailing my problems, don’t worry, not all of them, just the issues effecting my weight and fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment